We want to extend to you our personal greetings and a very warm welcome to our dental practice. We are accepting new patients and we are looking forward to meeting you and caring for your dental health. We want you to know that we pride ourselves on trying to make dentistry a pleasant experience for you.
We feel it is our responsibility to aim to provide you with the best possible dental services in a comfortable environment. Our objectives are those of high quality and preventative care. We strive to build mutual trust with each one of our patients. Our diagnosis is based on a common goal of achieving maximum comfort, function, health and esthetics.
The following information will be very useful to you:
- Our practice includes a wide range of dental procedures, including comprehensive dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, implant dentistry, crowns, whitening, bridges, pediatric dentistry, periodontal treatment, as well as other esthetic and restorative procedures and options.
- At the time of your first appointment, we will listen closely to your concerns and conduct a through, comprehensive evaluation. We will take the time to give you the personal attention you deserve. The comprehensive examination includes evaluation of the soft tissue, TMJ assessment, occlusion assessment, esthetic evaluation, periodontal probing, intraoral camera pictures and digital x-rays. The length of the appointment is one and a half hours for adults and the requirements of children will vary according to age and condition.
- Before any treatment begins, we will sit down with you and advise you of your options so you can make an informed choice regarding the best course of treatment for your specific needs. We respect our patients, and our goal is to provide you an atmosphere of mutual trust.
- Our practice is truly a family practice that is based on word-of-mouth referrals. We often treat many members of the same family, and some of our best patients are referred by some of our best patients.
Thank you for choosing our practice to serve your dental needs. We will be happy to answer your questions and overcome obstacles you may face in developing and pursuing your goals. Please feel free to call us at 706-216-7777.
Please come to your first appointment about 15 minutes early to complete your new patient forms. They are available for you to download and print, if you would prefer to fill them out ahead of time.
On your first visit please bring some personal data and medical background information for our records:
- If possible, arrange for a copy of old xrays to be sent to us, prior to the appointment. Those records will enable us to check the last documented condition of your teeth prior to you visit.
- Please bring a list of current medications you are currently taking or are allergic to. If you have a condition that requires premedication. Please take your medication as precribed by your family doctor.
- Please bring all insurance information (name of insurance company and policy number) so we can assist you in filling out your form and/ or sending your claims electronically. If you would like to fax or email a copy of the front and back of your insurance card, then we can verify your benefits before you arrive for your appointment.
During your first visit, you’ll have the opportunity to meet the doctor as well as our team members. We recommend treatment to begin with a comprehensive oral examination in order to assess your health. We will perform TMJ/occlusion, cancer screening, intra-oral pictures, digital x-rays and examination of your teeth. Additionally, we will review your medical records and discuss any concerns you may have. Based on our findings, we will design an appropriate treatment plan.
During your child’s first visit, they will have a chance to meet the dental team and get acquainted with the dental environment. We also go over dental habits, as well as nutritional habits at home. We do a complete exam, x-rays, cleaning, and a fluoride treatment. At every visit, we demostrate proper brushing and flossing techniques.
A child’s first visit should be around the age of two, unless you have a concern prior to that age. If it is a child’s very first visit in his/her life, to the dentist, we will let the child’s behavior dictate how much treatment is accomplished. We do not want to push the child at this first appointment, its important that it stays “fun”. What is most important at this visit, is for the child to get comfortable with us. We will talk to them, play with them, and make them see how fun it can be, to come to the dentist. We don’t want to instill any negative feelings in them, during their first visit, so if they have a difficult time with anything, we may postpone some parts of the treatment until the child’s next visit. But, these early visits are very important, they can be a great start to establishing “happy thoughts” about the dentist for a lifetime.
Watching another patient “model” good behavior can be one of the best ways for very young children to feel comfortable hopping up into the dental chair for treatment, without being scared. Often, it is a good idea to schedule your cleaning appointment immediately before to the child’s first appointment, so that you can “model” good behavior. If you know that you are not a good patient to “model” behavior, then do not have the child watch you have your teeth cleaned.