Did you know that Botox can be used to treat TMD symptoms and alleviate jaw pain? Advanced facial esthetic procedures are an effective alternative to surgery, and we are proud to offer them here at Harris Family Dentistry! Our treatments are fast and virtually sensitivity-free.
In addition to reducing wrinkles and improving a patient’s facial appearance, Botox can treat grinding and clenching and eliminate headaches. We offer Botox and fillers at our practice. Fillers can improve facial volume in order to give patients a youthful appearance.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox injections reduce movement in the muscles by blocking the nerve receptors. This versatile treatment can target muscles all across your face. Patients are pleasantly surprised by how comfortable this procedure can be.
The Many Benefits of Botox
- Relieves Headaches and TMJ Pain: Patients who clench or grind their teeth will notice jaw and head pain. Botox treatments every three months or so will stop the normal muscle contractions, giving the muscles a much-needed break.
- Smoothes Wrinkles: Botox cosmetic smooths facial lines like crows feet, laugh lines, and worry lines. Botox will prevent the muscles from contracting and will reduce all types of wrinkles.
- Normalizes “Gummy” Smiles: If you self-conscious about gums that are exposed when you smile, Botox is a viable solution. We can relax the upper lip with Botox to make the smile appear less gummy and give you a more confident grin.
How Do Facial Fillers Work?
Facial fillers like Juvederm are smooth gel fillers that can address common problems like:
- Laugh lines
- Thin lips
- Dark triangles between teeth
- Sunken or aging facial appearance
If you want to give your face a full and youthful experience, consider facial fillers at Harris Family Dentistry. You can enhance your appearance and reduce pain with these comfortable treatments. To find out if Botox or facial fillers are right for you, schedule your consultation with Dr. Harris today.